[20 Apr 2008] Did a simple shoot for an internal company photography contest a few weeks ago using my new humble home studio and here is how it turned out. The theme was “Communicate”, and for lack of better ideas, I went for the good ol’ toddler doing something cute routine. Quite pleased with the results considering everything was set up and done in less than half an hour, i.e. about the average length of time it takes Ashley to get bored!
Hey, the phone is ringing! I think it’s for you!
Hayo hayo wooish dish?
Some other shots of Ashley warming up taken from mummy’s camera:
Touch your toes
- One shoot-through umbrella with SB800 at 1/8 power placed 1.5m away from Ashley’s right acted as the key light and to produce nice catchlights (that nice big sparkly white dot in the eyes).
- White reflector placed 0.5m away from Ashley’s left provided the fill light.
- White foam board placed underneath Ashley diagonally pointing towards her to balance out shadows under her neck.
- One SB800 placed <0.5m behind a white cloth background firing at 1/16 power towards it provided the high key lighting effect.
- Camera settings: Manual, f/8, 1/80s, ISO200.