Today’s CG marked the teaching debut of Mr MC who gave us a lesson on the Golden Lampstand that was used in the Tabernacle during the days of the Israelites. The significance of the lampstand can be outlined by the following characteristics:
- Light which represents Jesus (John 8:12)
- Oil which represents the Holy Spirit (Zech 4:1-6)
- The lampstand proper which represents the church (Rev 1:20)
- The flower buds and branches which represents unity in the kingdom (John 15:4-11)
- Gold signifies the preciousness and sanctity of God
- And, the wick trimmer which is used to remove impurities (John 15:1-2)
All in all, it was a very interesting lesson and we all had a great time sharing about this application of faith in our lives (especially the wick trimming part!). It was also a blast to see two new faces in care group, Nutz and Isabel!
CG started off with Pictionary as our ice breaker. A lot of artistic talent was put on show and somehow Changky was able to make out Finland from MC’s banana-like sketch!
The guys’ Bible study group engrossed in deep religious discourse (as deep as my sink, that is).
The gals enjoying their time of sharing and fellowship with Nutz proudly displaying her new Bible (actually, everyone is proudly displaying their Bibles!).
More pics of the CG can be found on Tiger’s blog (love that F10 camera mate!).